Our Spiritual Objectives
Our spiritual family at the Kettering congregation seeks to worship God with reverence, to grow the kingdom by spreading the gospel, to love and edify each other, and to minister to those in need.
Following Jesus as Lord, we strive to do this by:
- Glorifying God our Father by serving Him, following the example of His Son, Jesus.
- Diligently studying the Word of God and making prayer a way of life.
- Putting the Bible to practice in our lives and developing our personal faith.
- Praising God in our public assemblies and private lives; offering ourselves as living sacrifices.
- Identifying and employing our individual gifts and talents relying on God’s Spirit within us.
- Strengthening our families and serving as extended family to one another.
- Strengthening, loving, and serving relationships within this body, our church family.
- Leading, participating in, and supporting efforts of teaching, evangelizing, and caring for others.
- Meeting the needs of others to the best of our ability.
Following these thoughts of glorifying God, our elders wish to emphasize:
Developing a congregational and individual
Christ-centered, needs-oriented focus that is practical and challenges us to grow.
- Nurturing a closer and more personal relationship with our Lord and with each other.
- Fostering a greater sense of “community” by serving our neighbors and others within the Lord’s body.