“A Faith That Spans Generations”Categories: Friday Firsts
SUNDAY SCRIPTURE READING: Tommy Ray
Sunday SONG LEADER: Jason Schofield
TEXT: 2 Timothy 3.10-17
One of the things that makes the Kettering family so great is the committed, grounded, and dedicated family units that make it up. From the youngest family to the oldest couple or widower - our light shines like a city on a hill because of the difference Jesus is making in us individually. What a blessing!
One of God’s most effective tools for extending His kingdom is the godly family. God has provided Christian homes for the perpetuation of the faith. This is not only for bringing children to Christ, but for attracting others into a vital relationship with Jesus. On Sunday as we share our worship time together, we ‘ll focus on the family of Timothy. His early spiritual training came from his mother and grandmother. They instilled in him the type of faith that can span the generations.
What type of faith is that?
- It is one that is convincing
- It is marked by consistency.
- It becomes contagious.
- It abounds in confidence.
As you prepare for worship this weekend, be looking for answers to these very practical questions:
- What are some things you can do to develop a more consistent faith?
- What does it mean to you when you think of God dwelling in you?
- Why is it often painful to examine our consistency in matters of faith?
- How can you increase the contagiousness of your faith?
- Can you say you are living with full confidence of your eternal reward?