“Alive Together With Christ”Categories: Friday Firsts
Sunday Scripture Reading: Jim Grushon Jr.
Sunday Song Leader: Dru McLaughlin
Text: Ephesians 2.1-7
Ephesians 1.10 could be described as the theme of the epistle where Paul talks about God’s plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth. In chapter 2, Paul goes into detail on how God made it all happen. It tells us God moved with swift urgency to save mankind from spiritual disaster and His wrath. It describes how God took the initiative. It tells us why God decided to save. And it tells us the result of the salvation God provides.
Your salvation involves God’s activity, His grace, love, mercy, and compassion. And, your salvation is all about Jesus. It’s a result of God’s work, not your own.
On Sunday examine key phrases in our text that describe:
- 2.1-3 - our former condition.
- 2.4-7 - what God did in saving us.
As you get ready for worship, be thinking about these questions:
- How would you describe what it means to be spiritually dead?
- What are sins and trespasses?
- What is worldliness? Who runs the world? How does it affect us?
- What is the difference between mercy and grace?
- What do you think it means to be seated in the heavenly places?