“A Dwelling Place for God”Categories: Friday Firsts
A Dwelling Place for God
SUNDAY SCRIPTURE READIng: Wes Grushon
Sunday SONG LEADER: Roy Pyle
TEXT: Ephesians 2.17-22
During January, we’ve been studying through Ephesians 2. We’re calling it God’s Tactical Plan. It’s the story of how God made it all happen. It’s an explanation of what He did to execute the plan devised from before time began, 1.4. Everything in the chapter is an explanation of how God has worked the immeasurable greatness of His power toward us who believe, 1.19.
The first ten verses show us how salvation is by grace through faith.
The second twelve verses show us how God demonstrated His power by removing every barrier to division and making all Christians one in Christ. We are growing into a holy temple in the Lord, having been built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit, 2.21-22.
On Sunday we will do three things:
- See how we have been reconciled to God and one another, 2.17-22.
- Realize the challenge we have today.
- Understand that the gospel gives us all the power we need to succeed, 3.20.
As you get ready for worship, be thinking about these questions:
- When we look at God’s people, what should we see?
- What are some of the major social divisions we face in our country today?
- How can the gospel help us bridge the divide?
- What are some forces that seek to wreck harmony among God’s people?
- What are some attitudes that will help our relationships inside and outside the church flourish?