“Why You Need the Church”Categories: Friday First
Today many Americans seem to be telling themselves they don’t need the church. They want Jesus without His church. This is impossible because if you want Jesus, you get the church because that is where He is - among His people. You can’t have one without the other.
How connected are you to the local church? How much is it a part of your life?
When we look at God’s word, we find that He has given us the church. He has a purpose for it in your life. It’s been designed as a place of comfort, refuge from the world, and hope for the world to come. As a church family, we share a common faith, love, and concern for each other.
On Sunday, we’ll focus on Isaiah 4.2-6. We’ll learn about
- How God foresaw a time when His rescued people would be partakers of His glory having been made holy through a washing and cleansing.
- How God covers the church (Mount Zion) with a canopy of protection.
- How God desires to be your place of refuge and shelter from the storms of life.
As you get ready for worship, be thinking about these questions:
- How would you describe your connection to the Kettering church?
- What does God intend to do with your life and how can you cooperate with that? (4.3)
- In what New Testament book do we read of Mount Zion and to what does it refer?
- What does it mean to you that God has provided a place of refuge and shelter in the church?
- Can you have Jesus without the church? Why/why not?
Sunday Scripture Reading: Chris Fles
Sunday Song Leader: Jim Rutter
TEXT: Isaiah 4.2-6