“Help Found Here”Categories: Friday Firsts
God is the God of refuge. He is our shield and protector. In a previous lesson, we examined Isaiah 4.5-6 and discovered God’s vision for His church. God has covered His people with a canopy, providing protection from harmful things. Today, we, as God’s body, dwell together inside a safe and encouraging place. God intends for us to keep it that way.
As growing imitators of God, it should be becoming natural for us to look for ways to encourage others. How much are you allowing God to work through you in order to impact the lives of others? This is very important. God charges us to meet people where they are and demonstrate His love.
How can we all contribute to keeping this church as a place of refuge, as God intended?
On Sunday, we’ll focus on 1 Thessalonians 5.14-15. We’ll discuss:
- How every church has those who struggle.
- Five things you can do to help those who do.
- Who you can personally help, encourage, and do good for.
As you get ready for worship, be thinking about these things:
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5.14-15. How does Paul describe those who are struggling? Have you ever been on one of these lists? How did you feel?
- Look back on your life. How do you feel today about those who admonished you in the past? Are you thankful for their love and help?
- Why is giving encouragement so important?
- How can you grow in patience as you work with others?
- Who is someone you can do good for this week?
Sunday Scripture Reading: Dan Teater
Sunday Song Leader: Roy Pyle
TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 5.14-15