“Hope Does Not Disappoint”Categories: Friday First
Hope Does Not Disappoint
During March, April, and May we’ve worked hard to stress the importance of the church in your life. Where would you be without the local church family to encourage you, help you, and be there for you during the times of your greatest need? We’ve addressed how the church is a place of refuge from the storms of life. We’ve demonstrated how the church is a place of comfort. And now, as we move into May Jaime and I are talking about hope and its sustaining power through life’s difficulties.
On Sunday, we’ll examine Romans 5.1-5. We will:
- Get a quick review of Romans and the context behind today’s main Bible reading.
- Observe Romans 5.2 and discuss three realities that result from our salvation.
- Talk about how we rejoice in hope of the glory of God
- See what we do while we await for our final salvation.
As you get ready for worship, be thinking about these things:
- What does it mean to you to know that you have been justified through faith?
- How did Jesus bring peace to your life?
- How special is it to you to know that you stand in grace?
- In what ways does your hope cause you to rejoice?
- How can having a hope that does not disappoint fuel your spiritual life?
Sunday Scripture Reading: Randy Mullins
Sunday Song Leader: Jim Rutter
TEXT: Romans 5.1-5