“God's Plan for You”Categories: Friday First
God’s Plan for You
In 594 BC, God sent a message to the captives in Babylon through the prophet Jeremiah. The news was not what they wanted to hear. Instead of going back home, they were told to settle down, raise their families, and pray for the city where they were dwelling. This was devastating. Even more was the fact that they were going to remain in that foreign land for another 70 years. Jeremiah 29.11-13 is a message for God’s people of all time. During difficult times, we must move in faith, knowing that God’s plan involves us personally.
Jeremiah 29.11 has been greatly misused in our world today. The plans of God do not focus on our economic prosperity, but the positive spiritual relationship we have with Him. God’s thoughts of us are always of peace. But while His plans are good, they are not always easy. So, we must move by faith. The Christian is someone who trusts God’s promises for a future and acts upon them in the present, Hebrews 11.1.
On Sunday we’ll talk about three things regarding the promises in Jeremiah 29.11-13;
- God was not finished with them.
- We must move by faith.
- God’s plans for us are personal.
As you get ready for worship, be thinking about these things:
- What does it mean to be conformed to the image of Christ?
- What is the popular application of Jeremiah 29.
- How does understanding what God desires for you help you cope with life?
- How do complaining and losing sight of God’s purposes go hand in hand?
- How can God’s plans revolutionize your life?
Sunday Song Leader: Jim Grushon
Sunday Scripture Reading: Chris Fles
TEXT: Jeremiah 29.11-13