“Living Inside a Hostile Anti-Christian Culture”Categories: Friday First
Living Inside a Hostile Anti-Christian Culture
66% of Americans who attend church regularly, read their Bible, and pray have experienced the negativity of others directed at their faith-based beliefs. For servants in the church, ministry has become more difficult than ever because people are increasingly hostile and negative toward Christianity.
This is not the world it was a half-century or quarter-century ago. We have now had at least two generations raised with a secular mindset. What does this mean for the church going forward?
On Sunday we’ll:
- Explore statistics that demonstrate the reality of the problem we face.
- Reveal some growing perceptions some have about Christianity
- Discuss possible solutions as we become more acquainted with our environment.
As you get ready for worship, be thinking about these things:
- What are some ways you have experienced hostility toward your Christianity?
- What are some measures you can take to not reinforce any negative perceptions people hold toward Christianity?
- How can we deflate the idea that Christianity is out of touch?
- Why is it so important to build relationships with people outside of Christ?
Sunday Song Leader: Roy Pyle
Sunday Scripture Reading: Jason Pratt
TEXT: 1 Peter 1.13-19