“Whoever is of God Hears the Words of God”Categories: Friday First
Whoever is of God Hears the Words of God
Self examination has always been difficult - but it is extremely hard in post-modern culture. We have largely, as a culture, become so open-minded that we stand for nothing. If there is a sin, it is operating with moral and religious certainty and authority. In the minds of some, sin is the preaching of Christian principles with conviction.
As we’ll see on Sunday, everything begins with a Biblical worldview. We must have the belief that God’s word is inspired, infallible, and authoritative. We must possess a commitment to one way - God’s way.
In reality, it’s all that matters - if we have fully committed to allowing Christ to reign over our heart.
On Sunday we’ll identify six words with truth:
As you get ready for worship, be thinking about these things:
- What are some of your experiences with post-modern thought?
- Why do you think it is so important to have a Biblical worldview?
- What does objectivity mean?
- What are some ways we can eliminate personal bias as we study God’s word?
- What is the purpose of law?
Sunday Song Leader: Randy Mullins
Sunday Scripture Reading: Rich Jacobs
TEXT: John 8.39-47