“What Do You Believe About Yourself?”Categories: Friday First
What Do You Believe About Yourself?
Over the last few months we discussed the importance of planning for the future. Looking ahead at the culture and its effects on Christian families can certainly make us nervous. As we began 2019, we've encouraged you to spend more time in prayer and personal reflection.
What areas of your spiritual and personal life need improvement? All good preparation begins with self-examination.
Once self examination is complete, it's time to build a plan. During February, we want to help you develop a spiritual life plan that will help you navigate this world and be prepared for the one that is to come. Today, we'll begin the journey by challenging you to think about what you believe about yourself. We'll learn:
- What you think matters.
- There are two types of thinkers.
- What limiting beliefs are.
- How to upgrade your beliefs.
- How to revise your beliefs.
- See how Christianity begins by transforming your mind.
As you prepare for Sunday’s worship, please be thinking about these questions:
- What fact does Solomon reveal about our heart in Proverbs 4.23?
- What does the term limiting belief mean to you?
- How often do you find yourself struggling to get over your circumstances?
- What limiting beliefs did Moses display in Exodus 3.10-4.13?
- How did Paul encourage the Ephesian church to get past any limiting beliefs? (Ephesians 1.18-23; 3.20)