“Preparing Your Mind”Categories: Friday First
Preparing Your Mind
The pursuit of God is not a part of our life … it is our life. We need to regularly ask - can it be said of me that my life is the pursuit of God? What is being said about you and who/what you are pursuing? We should all want to be known as disciples of God and our pursuit of HIm. Desire, hunger/thirst, desperation for God is not only the only essential we need. Equally important is the state of our mind. Do we have the type of mind that is ready to receive the Word?
In 2 Corinthians 10.3-5, Paul talks about casting down high-minded things or proud obstacles. These are things that are set up against the knowledge of God. He tells us how to demolish them: by taking every thought captive to obey Christ. Notice: every thought. Now that’s a challenge!
So, how do you deal with your mind? How do you get it ready to receive the word of God?
On Sunday, we’ll talk about four principles to help your mind be ready to receive the word of God:
- We’ll see why its important not to believe everything you think.
- We’ll discover the essentialness of guarding your mind.
- We’ll understand the need to never quit learning.
- We’ll learn why it’s important to move with vision.
As you prepare for worship Sunday, be asking yourself these questions:
- Why is it important to evaluate our thoughts?
- What are some things you can do to engage God more frequently in prayer?
- What are some things you can learn from others?
- When it comes to learning, why is it so important to have a humble heart?
- What happens when you have no vision or plan for the future?
Song Leader: Roy Pyle
Scripture Reading: Bob Zehring: 2 Corinthians 10.3-5