God's Plan for YouSeries: Trust
This year we’ve talked about God’s plan. It’s all about getting you home. Ephesians 1.4-6a - God predestined the result of salvation - not the beginning of it. Everything God is doing - has to do with your ultimate salvation … your being at home with Him … for eternity. That… as we’ll be reminded of today … is the ultimate application of Jeremiah 29.11-13.
Jeremiah 29.11 - God wasn’t finished with them
- 29.11 - plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. What do the plans of God focus on? Not economic prosperity - but the positive relationship with Him and others.
- God is saying, my thoughts of you are always of peace. While they are always good, they may not always be easy.
Jeremiah 29.12-14a - Move by Faith
- 29.12-14a - This is what the future and hope looked like. God is always looking at the end of the path.
- The challenge is to realize that life is still promising, because God has a plan.
- This is why we live by faith. The Christian is someone who trusts God’s promises for a future and acts upon them in the present.
- The Christian acts on God’s promises before they are fulfilled.
- Hebrews 11.1 - Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. We have to trust God.
Jeremiah 29.12-14a - God’s Plans are Personal
- 29.12-14a - God’s plans are not just for you - they are for you in relation to Him.
- 29.13 - God is always accessible. It’s an incredible promise!
- With all your heart - this is not just emotion.
- Long before creation, God knew we would need a Savior - Ephesians 1.4-5.
- Romans 8.28-30. 8.28 - God is ordering everything toward a goal. What is it?
- 8.29 - That we be conformed to the image of Jesus. See 1 John 3.2.
- 8.30 - God has called you. When you responded you were justified and He is aiming for your ultimate glorification.
- Isaiah 43.6-7 - examine the personal pronouns in this text…
- 43.6b - in His church, God has sons and daughters. You are one of them.
- 43.7 - we have been called by His name. For what purpose?
- I created them for my glory.
- I formed them and made them. (Sounds like Jeremiah 1.4)
- Will we take God at His word?
- This is our challenge. Do you need a change in perspective?
- Jeremiah 30.11a - God is with you to save you.
- Is this the hope you currently have?