God Brings the Dead to LifeSeries: Strengthening Family Relationships
In the opening verses of Ezekiel 37, the prophet is brought to a valley of dry bones. It is a scene of utter hopelessness. It doesn’t get more bleak, dark, and desperate than this. Ezekiel 36.18-19 explains why. But God wasn’t finished yet. See 36.24-28. Did you know there is a similar progression in Ephesians 2.1-10? In both texts, all of this is happening because of the activity of God. And, as we read the Ephesians 2 account, I want us to make it very personal. God brought us up from spiritual death. God has brought us back. There is hope! There is deliverance. Our life and everything about it has been changed!
What Was the Means by which God Made all this Possible?
- The resurrection of His Son, Jesus of Nazareth.
- Ephesians 1.20 states the greatest fact in all of human history:
- Jesus has been raised from the dead.
- Jesus is presently seated at the right hand of God.
- Ephesians 1.21-22 - Now in heaven, He reigns far above any other rule, authority, power, and dominion.
Three Things the Resurrection Does:
- Ephesians 1.14 - It fuels your hope.
- You have been given an inheritance.
- 1.18 - it’s greatness is beyond imagination: riches of his glorious inheritance.
- Ephesians 1.18-19 - It fills you with power.
- The immeasurable greatness of God’s power has been given to those who believe.
- Ephesians 2.10 - It provides you with purpose.
- You are His workmanship.
- 2 Corinthians 5.17 - God has made you alive - a completely new person - living for Him.
What This Means for Family Relationships
- As God’s new creation, a masterpiece, a work of art, you have the power to transform every relationship.
- 2 Corinthians 10.4-5 - you have been given divine power to destroy strongholds.
- You have been given the power to take every thought captive to obey Christ.
- Colossians 3.12-13 - God is calling on you to act first, not waiting on the other person to do so.
- Within you is the power to learn how to love.
- Colossians 3.14; 1 Corinthians 13.4-7.
- You can’t change another person.
- Every day, we live with our own personal resurrection in view...
- God, by His power, has raised us to eternal life.
- Let’s live every day in light of this fact … and continue to transform everything about our life.