Authenic Faith: Real Faith in a Real God
Series: Sin is Always Sin
Authentic Faith: Real Faith in a Real God
The previous monthly theme was called “Sin is Always Sin.” We identified the problem of sin and as a natural progression the solution, our need for God’s grace. As we head into January we will move into a discussion about “Authentic Faith.” In this lesson we will start where we ought in every discussion about authentic faith—real faith. The Real God.
- The Inescapable Reality of the One True God
- Exodus 3.14 I AM WHO I AM…and you can find Me
- This reality that God exists is the beginning of an Authentic or Real Faith.
- Hebrews 11.1 Faith is the assurance of things not seen. How do we have assurance? 1 Thessalonians 5.21 “Test everything.”
- Evidences: Truth, Judgment, Creation
- God—Hiding in Plain Sight (Matthew 7.7 Knock and it will be opened)
- The existence of an absolute truth is inescapable
- John 18.37-38 Jesus, “I came to bear witness to the truth.”
- John 14.6 Jesus is the Truth…he died and rose to prove this. ((REF LEE STROBEL))
- This society hates judgment. Why? One can’t live without it.
- Matthew 7.1-5 “Judge not” Everyone judges…either hypocritically or Godly.
- Deuteronomy 32.4 God is the only possible objective moral standard.
- Romans 1:20-21 Creation leaves the world without excuse for belief in a Creator.
- There MUST be a beginning.
- Whatever created, space, time and matter…must be higher than those.
- The Greatest Evidence for God...the Redeemed Life
- Revelation 12.11, Romans 8... Our Victory is God’s Victory ((POINTS BACK TO HIM))
- A Person Who is Certain That God Is
- Massive contrast with someone without a standard.
- 1 Peter 3.15 Has answers, confidence in those answers.
- Romans 15.13 The peace that comes with knowing God, demonstrated in actions.
- A Person Confident in God’s Standard
- If you believe…you will move.
- Matthew 5.16 Let your light shine…show Christ to the world.
- Romans 1.16 Zero shame in the salvation of the gospel.
- A Person Who Has Been Made New in Christ
- Romans 12.2 You have something the world does not…Objectivity, Purpose.
- Ephesians 2.10 Created in Christ Jesus for good works…a masterpiece.
- God’s magnum opus is humanity. Satan’s goal is to break it, His goal is to redeem it. Are you broken or redeemed?