Living With IntegritySeries: Authentic Faith
As we discuss foundational elements that hold up our victorious faith, we need to examine the need for living with integrity. We’ve been told to, in everything, adorn the doctrine of God our Savior. You and I have a sphere of influence. By it, we will either lead others to Christ or we will turn them away. Today, as we focus on authentic faith, we’ll learn how we can build it as we go through life.
Integrity is Developed with Small Things
- What are some fundamentals in spiritual and moral matters Gen X’ers may have taken for granted?
- The need for honesty:
- Psalm 15.1-2 - Who shall sojourn in your tent? Who shall dwell on your holy hill? He who walks blamelessly and does what is right and speaks truth in his heart.
- 2 Corinthians 4.2a - We have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or tamper with God’s word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God.
- The need for respect: “an attitude of reverence and deference, reflecting in an appreciation of the significance of another person or thing.”
- 1 Timothy 5.1-2; 1 Peter 2.17 - honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.
- The need for dignity: Galatians 3.28: race, status, gender … don’t matter. We’re all one.
Integrity is an Inside Job
- Integrity is not reputation. Your reputation exists because of your character.
- Ecclesiastes 7.1a - a good name is better than precious ointment…
- Integrity is a matter of the heart … which must be changed.
- Matthew 23.26 - we must cleanse the inside of the cup…
- Mark 7.20-23 - what comes out of the heart?
- Now, look at Colossians 3.10 - put on the new self. integrity happens when we change our heart.
Integrity is Your Best Friend
- It helps you keep the right priorities.
- It helps build trust:
- Without trust, you have nothing.
- Isaiah 33.15-16 - he will dwell on the heights. trust is the glue that holds relationships together.
- Trust helps you stand out in a world where people are mostly suspicious.
- Are you a person of character? Does integrity summarize your life?
- Can we help you experience the transforming power of Christ?