Because He Lives
Because He Lives
Life without hope is bleak. This is why Paul writes: If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied, 1 Corinthians 15.19. How much has our time of isolation, loneliness, and fear sharpened our focus on the world to come? More than ever, we’ve been reminded of the need for a strong spiritual foundation & the hope it provides. Hope is a shot of light in the darkness. How powerful the resurrection message is during these dark times. We need to be proclaiming the positive and life changing message of hope Christianity provides.
Romans 15 - The Basis of Our Hope
- 15.8-9 - Everyone is in view here.
- 15.8 - All the promises to the patriarchs came true.
- 15.9 - To the Gentiles, Jesus came to bring mercy.
- 15.13 - What does God want to fill you with?
- All joy.
- Peace in believing. For the purpose of what? Abounding in hope.
Romans 10 - The Hope of Your Salvation is Tied to the Resurrection
- Romans 10.9-10 - Salvation comes by believing in the resurrection. We trust that Jesus offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice and God validated that sacrifice by raising him from the dead.
- 10.11-13 - What does Scripture affirm?
- 10.11 - Everyone who believes will not be put to shame.
- 10.12 - God can’t wait to bestow His riches on all who call on Him.
- 10.13 - Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
- Now, back to 10.9. What did we say in our confession?
- It’s by this power that we are more than conquerers, Romans 8.37.
- John 16.33 - victory is ours. Jesus has overcome the world.
- 1 Corinthians 15.57 - Paul says, thanks be to God, who gives us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 2 - What Jesus’ Resurrection Means to You Personally
- Ephesians 2.4-6 - Six things in Ephesians 2.4-6 describe what has happened to us personally because of Jesus’ resurrection.
- 2.4 - we’ve been given mercy.
- 2.5 - we’ve received grace.
- 2.4 - It’s all because of love.
- 2.5-6 - Resurrection. God made us alive. God raised us up.
- 2.5 - Christ. When were you raised with Him. Romans 6.3-5
- 6.5 - see the certainty: For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.
- 2.6 - Heavenly places.
- Instead of approaching this life with a fatalistic and pessimistic worldview, Christians have been given a mission and purpose.
- Romans 15.13 - Is this the present experience of your life?